Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Great Plains Questions.......

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How much (approx.) does Great Plains Audio
    charge to recone a 515 ? I called (and left a message) and sent an e-mail to Steve at

    [email protected]

    but the message was returned "undeliverable".

    How much is it to re-magnetize it ? How much performance can be lost if the magnet is not 100 percent ? I know that's a vague question, but someone I spoke with locally didn't think it was that important. Think I disagree.

    We're talking about woofers that are 55 years old.

    One last question. What type of turn-around
    time can I expect with Great Plains ?

    Thanx........

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Great Plains Questions.......


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the last ones I did were about $125 each, turnaround was some 10 days. Don't know how current that info is, that was about 18 months ago.

    As far as remagging- 55 year old speakers are certainly questionable- and the remag is free with reconing, so why not?

    I'd keep trying on the phone.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, Bill is about the nicest and most knowledgeable guy to speak with on the phone regarding Altec. I have no idea how he gets any work done and suspect he avoids these computers just so he can do some work.

    I do know for sure when you send your stuff for repair or recone that it does not leave his shop until it is working as it should. He recharges the mags as a part of the process and has found some interesting problems with woofers I have sent that needed correction. Most other places would have sent them back and never noticed but Bill makes sure they are right before he sends them back.

    I have a box full of stuff waiting to go to him but just can't find that box full of cash at the moment. I think moma has it hidden on me!

    Gary

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know about the current pricing but over the last two years the turnaround at GPA was 24 hours or less, the rest was transit to and from. You can't ask for much more than that, Dave

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't know why Steve's email didn't work for you - it works for me...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.